Assassin's Creed Odyssey

I don't tend to subtitle my reviews but with this one I'm coming at it from quite a firm angle at least in my mind and there are so many potential positions I could tackle this from that I probably have more fun whipping up a thumbnail than I did making the video a because I always love doing that part and B I was just making jokes but anyways I digress in today's video I'm going to be reviewing Assassin's Creed Odyssey before we get too deep into talking about anything I think it's worth putting a disclaimer here that though I did pre-order the game Ubisoft  did actually send me review copies and like an idiot I didn't respond the game on PC or ps4 before starting to play the game so I bought the game twice and got review copies to render each investment totally pointless fucked my life but that doesn't take away from the fact that I got review copies for both platforms so mad props to Ubisoft for that one however reviews aren't for companies or devs or whatever they are for the consumer which is you guys hopefully and so I'll try not to let the review copies get in the way of me judging the game fairly the next this flamer I'm gonna have to low down a
little harder this is my opinion I have a lot to say about this game and it certainly won't all be mindless praise so if you don't enjoy critiques then please don't watch if you choose to do so I ask that you'd be respectful in the comments as I'll respect all your opinions so let's just meet halfway all
right we good right let's get cooking Assassin's Creed Odyssey is a game of peaks and troughs some things are executed adequately other things are executed really well and other parts
aren't so well done story and most games to be fair what I'm  trying to say here is the game has upheavals and setbacks and frankly isn't anything particularly amazing but at the same time it's by no means a bad game it's very dependent on

what you're after from the experience well I have no idea what kind of rock you've been hiding under for the past five or however many months it's been but if you're expecting this to be an amazing Assassin's Creed game then wounded because it's far from it of course we'll have to acknowledge what's going on with Assassin's Creed because this is Assassin's Creed Odyssey not just Odyssey because that's what the game is trying to sell us and the game is sorely out of touch with its own franchise to the point where the title of Assassin's Creed actually holds the game back from achieving superior quality if you weren't quite sure what I mean keep watching and hopefully I'll be able to elaborate Assassin's Creed used to be such a pioneering franchise within the industry innovating groundbreaking mechanics such as Eagle vision for example which every game seems to have a version of well with origins Ubisoft decided to tackle a new structure for the franchise which is agreeable though questionable regarding its functionality as an innovative experience and it wasn't as bad come the end of the day and I really loved origins it's a brilliant game well worth your time origins was a male bar PG it got away with as much as Assassin's Creed's core structural fundamentals would allow it all to see however hit the fuck it bucket and just went full RPG in the game fucking itself seriously allow me to satisfy Odyssey is completely disregarded assassin's creed's core fundamentals and twisted the game into something that i wouldn't be able to recognize as the same franchise if it weren't for the title that's not to say that the game lacks traces of assassin's creed because from a law perspective there's a fair bit of isus shit some classic assassin's creed one fucking as well which i respect the game for but from how the game plays and a lot of other elements and what's going on in the game it doesn't feel like Assassin's Creed at all which is quite rich when the game bears the title of a decade old franchise fuck there aren't even any assassins or Templars in the historical part of this game which encourages you to beg the question does it need the Assassin's Creed title with a complete new focus and direction other problems have also arisen for example the marketing is focused entirely on making your own decisions and the impact of those decisions what were the concept of it being your Odyssey however with so many games doing this already it's hardly a viable selling point within the industry anymore even still games like that I've been out for years such as The Witcher 3 and the original Mass Effect trilogy still run loops around this game in quality in fact most of the time the decision systems effect is more of an an impactful thing barring crucial moments here and there in the story but even then the effect is minimal so don't feel bad for being a dick to people in the game they won't do anything the only major impact I've really noticed as a result of a poor decision was when you attack a chicken it fights back don't fuck with the chickens you could literally kill Pegasus and Massacre kefalonia and nobody will give a fuck ultimately the overall point here is that despite the games a new direction it already feels outdated because it's not trying to innovate within the RPG genre and so the game essentially plays like something from before The Witcher 3 came out it's not a complete disaster however a side quest is significantly better than previous titles including origins and usually wind up with you shagging an undesirable but at least they're semi decent cutscenes now I might kill it but not bad some quests are more interesting than others sure well that's just how it goes in all RPGs so the RPG approach hasn't been a total loss the game's world as always with this franchise is a thing of graphical beauty besides unity overpowering lighting does not hide that atrocious draw distance this game is actually somehow more aesthetically photogenic in general than origins was what I mean by that is in origins you had jaw-dropping landmarks which were beautiful but a lot of other locations wouldn't be very good photo material however in order to see it feels if I can open the photo mode no matter where I am and come out with a good shot okay maybe not that one fucking hell I don't even remember taking off of these okay so maybe it takes a little bit of fine-tuning to get a nice shot but I get one all the same beyond this the open world has plenty of locations for us to explore but they're all marked with a question mark to let us know that are there which really discourages exploration because if you can't see a question mark you know there's nothing there and so you don't really bother with that area let us explore this beautiful world you've crafted without the side guidance .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung Galaxy A8 is it water resistant?

The first 5G smartphone will be a Samsung

What to do if our iPhone (or other smartphone) falls into the water or is wet?